- Travel permits are required for any tournament or exhibition game that your team plays that is not in St. Albert.
- Permits are not required for re-scheduled league games outside our zone.
- All travel permits, when approved, will be emailed to the person who has applied for the permit with instructions on how to handle the gamesheets following the game/tournament. Please read these emails carefully.
- Travel permits are also required for all practices outside of St. Albert. Teams are not required to submit a permit request but must keep their SAMHA micro-site updated with all out of town practices listed. Hockey Alberta may reference this list.
Exhibition Game Permits:
- If your team is hosting an exhibition game, no matter where it is played (even in St. Albert) you need to apply for an Exhibition Game permit through SAMHA.
- As with travel permits approved results will be emailed to the person who has applied for the permit with instructions on how to handle the gamesheets following the game/tournament. Please read these emails carefully.
- If you are attending an exhibition game (not hosting), if the game is outside of St. Albert you will need a travel permit.
- If you are unsure if you need a permit or not, please apply and we will let you know - it is better to be safe than sorry.
Special Event Permits:
Hockey Alberta will no longer sanction special events for teams. Please ensure your team is aware that there is no Hockey Alberta insurance at special events.
Blackout dates: TBA